Simply put, an influencer marketing agency is a social media agency that works in conjunction with social media influencers and brands to create and promote influencer marketing projects. The key to a successful influencer marketing campaign lies in the integration of the brand and influencer in a strategic way that effectively leverages the influencer’s voice to attract new customers and build relationships with existing ones. The best influencer marketing firms handle campaigns from inception to completion with the combined knowledge and experience that come from handling hundreds of influencer campaigns in the Social Media world with hundreds of different brands. To ensure a successful campaign, there are a few critical factors that need to be considered before committing to any influencer marketing agency.
* Consider your budget – The initial seed money for your influencer marketing campaign needs to come from somewhere. It is important to ask yourself how much you can afford to invest without jeopardizing the success of your campaign. Be sure to ask for references and track records from past projects. Also, be sure to ask if you can test drive a specific campaign from an influencer campaign provider. A reputable provider will give you the opportunity to test drive their service, meaning you can give a simple trial campaign to see if it will be a good fit for your company. Tracking your results is a great way to find out what you can afford to spend.
* Ask for content review – Social media is all about content. When an influencer marketing agency presents a brand as an agent for a particular product or service, it is incumbent upon the brand to provide content review of the product or service as well. An agency that understands this fact has already made an investment in you, their client, and you can benefit from that investment by being able to tap into the extensive resources that they have available to you. A quality provider of social media management should work closely with their clients to develop an appropriate content review, which should also be posted on their company’s website. This content review gives you an opportunity to obtain additional information from the client about the product or service, including why they created it and what benefits it can bring to the business. Having this information available to you before you even launch your campaign helps you make better decisions with your investments.
* Seek feedback from the influencer – If an influencer marketing agency you are considering uses social media, you should first talk to them. A professional agency would have established relationships with influencers and you can leverage that knowledge to create an even higher conversion rate on all of your products. Additionally, it gives you a chance to discuss topics of interest to your target audience and gain their perspective as a consumer. Influencers are great because they can help bring the brand into a light that may not normally be seen.
* Work with influencers you already work with – A reputable influencer marketing agency will work with influencers that have a proven track record of success. Working with influencers who have a large following is a great way to increase exposure of your brands as well as gain a new clientele. When working with influencers who have an existing following you can offer them special deals or promotions which allow them to promote your products and services at a discounted price. As an added bonus, these influencers will help spread the word about your brand for free, making your brand more accessible to consumers.
* Avoid hiring a “one size fits all” approach – Influencer agencies work with clients to identify which tone and style would be best for your campaign. For some brands, a simple campaign could be the answer. These campaigns often center around creative imagery or witty content which attracts the attention of your target audience. On the other hand, for other brands, hiring a full-service SMO company could be a better solution. Here, a seasoned team of experts will create a tailored campaign to maximize visibility of your brand and complement your offerings.
* Keep it simple – While working with influencers, it’s important to keep their interests in mind. Many people will happily promote your product or service if the idea of doing so appeals to them. If you focus too much on influencers’ likes or dislikes, however, you may end up with ineffective campaigns that fail to engage your audience. Consider hiring a SMO agency to handle this part of your campaign in-house. A good agency will ensure that it’s done correctly and professionally. Additionally, experts can provide insights into successful campaigns and recommend methods that work better than others.
* Engage your influencers – Even if your current campaigns are getting the results you want, it’s important to find a way to keep the interest of your audience. To encourage engagement, hire a reliable influencer marketing agency. The agency can provide strategic guidance, ensuring that your brand and products remain at the forefront of your influencer’s mind. This way, they’ll be sure to share your content with their followers, which will drive more engagement rates for you. With an engaging strategy in place, you’ll enjoy the benefits of having a large number of followers dedicated to promoting your brand.